Monday, August 16, 2010

We had a PaRtY!

We had a party.
It was a success...or good enough anyway (never does go exactly as planned).
The kid was happy.
I'm happy to have it over with.
Here's how it went down.

First we invited a few people...









The people came...




We had a little CaKe...
I decided to get brave and attempt making the cake myself this year.  And after a lot of consulting with others and a bit of stress involved...we had cake.


 



...and CuPCaKes


I nearly poisoned a few children with the red frosting.  I had to use a LOT of red food coloring to actually get RED.  Wasn't really thinking about how they might taste.  Always choosing fashion over function...oops!




And a little CandY...

  

...PoP cOrN...PeaNutS...


  
 

...CiRCuS PeaNutS...



Then we played some GaMEs...








SpiLLed the MiLk...



ToSseD BeaN baGs aT the CLoWN...


FisHed the PoNd...


ToSsed the RiNGs...


Had a CLoWn ReLaY...


RaCed the DuCKs...


Got DuNked in the TaNk...


Won PriZes and FaVOrs...
We had everything a clown could need, bow ties, red noses, BiG sunglasses, BiG flowers, whoopee cusions, trick cameras and gum (the spraying kind), a few noise makers and of course gold fish (yes, real ones)...





I made a few flowers for the older girls and adults that helped.  THANK YOU ALL!!


Missed a few of the deCoRAtiONs...
I didn't get much of the decorations up due to the hurricane force winds we had.  That's right, we had a party in the wind :P 
Had a little of this...


But I did manage to get my pennant banners up (and they even stayed up).



I didn't get tables decorated as you can see above.  A lot of the decor stayed in the house and didn't get used : (  Guess that just means we'll have to have another carnival : )


...that is if the RinGmASteR allows it.   
What can I say, I'm one lucky girl to have this guy who puts up with me.  Here he is after the circus (and I mean it literally!) sopping wet (from being dunked in the dunk tank), covered in frosting (from kids faces) managing to put a smile on his face so that I can get a picture of his shirt.  What a guy! 


And that was that. 
We had a party.
 Now I can put these feet up (for a couple of months anyway) and rest for a bit. 
One more year, one more party down. 

9 comments:

{autie} said...

daaaaarling!
you didn't miss a thing! Totally admire your creativity!

Kaylynn said...

A-MAZ-ING! That's like every kid's dream come true! I bet your son was in heaven!

Candice said...

Sooo cute! Wow! I want to have a carnival now! Maybe I can talk one of my kids into it! SOOOO cute!!

Rebecca said...

AWESOME party! :)

cherie said...

Okay, Seriously!! You are my new Best Friend! I just found your blog and I am in love with your creativity! I NEED to do this party! My baby will only be 2 but I HAVE to do this party! Where did you find all of your stuff? Your invites, tags, prizes and esp. your clown shoes?? You are AMAZING! Thanks for sharing! cc

Gigi777 said...

Hi! Amazing party.. I'm doing circus theme for my son's 2nd birthday. Were did you get the ferris wheel and the clown for the bean bag toss?

Kelsey Peterson said...

I don't know if you will come back to read this comment but, if you use paste coloring instead of the liquid food coloring it works better to get the darker colors...FYI, but maybe you did that and it still didn't cut it for you.

Amy Ro. said...

this party is beyond amazing specially with the winds and all! love it =)

Melissa N. said...

great party...love all the details!