Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Secret Service (Activity Days Activity)

Thought I would share another activity I had with my Activity Days girls last week. 

We were on a mission, we went undercover and performed 7 days worth of SecRet SerViCe.  Before we got started we talked a bit about service and the blessings that come when we help others. 
I found some manila envelopes at the dollar store and personalized them with their names on them.



Inside I included a pen and these "forms" that they were to fill out during the activity.




I also included a list of ideas for serving to help get them going.



I was also lucky to find these fun "undercover" glasses to stick inside.



Just to help them really get into the part...AND they would know if anyone sneaking up on them ;) 
(they really did kind of work!)

The girls thought it was great.  Honestly, I was pretty surprised with how excited they were to get going on their challenge.  A lot of them told me they were going to go home and get started right away.  Just goes to show that it doesn't take much (couple of bucks at the dollar store) to get kids excited about doing things for others.  It turned out to be a fun, easy way to teach the important principal of SeRviNg oTheRS...

7 comments:

The Marsden 6 said...

Keep the ideas comin'! I've already used your journal idea, can't wait to do this one too! Thanks!

Bridget said...

This is so stinking fun, I can't wait to do it with my girls. Thank you so much for your awesome idea.

Unknown said...

What a great idea. Thanx for sharing.

Rosalynn said...

Love this!! I'm using this same idea for my sharing time this Sunday. Thanks for sharing!

Sage said...

Thanks for sharing! Great idea.

Meg said...

Okay send some IDEAS for seminary teacher... this idea almost made me want to me an activity day leader...again... I said almost!!

Anonymous said...

I know you dont know me but I came across your blog the other day and I love how fun and cute you are!!! I wish I was half as talented:o) I also teach activity days so I especially love those ideas. I did the same thing for our journal jars a couple months ago (although your jars turned out way cutter than mine) but I think I'm going to use this idea for my girls next month. Thanks for the sharing and congrats on your pregnancy!!! ( I have 3 boys and we just found out we will be having a little girl this time around too:) I'm sure I'll be reading your blog for cute ideas for her!!